An Integrated Care Model Like No Other
The Veterans Connection is a comprehensive one-stop service center for veterans. To most effectively support veterans experiencing homelessness, and provide the 1 on 1 care, support and case management essential in creating successful outcomes, GCVF has transformed our previous services and programs into a comprehensive offering of core programs that form an Integrated Care Model structured to attack the root causes of veteran homelessness.
- Benefit Navigation
- Mobile Veteran Outreach
- Housing Assistance
- Behavioral Health
- Job/Career Resources
- Financial Coaching
- Veteran Entrepreneurship
“Many veterans aren’t aware of the benefits they are eligible for, or how to access them. We provide guidance for these veterans to make a meaningful difference in their lives.”
United by a Common Purpose
We collaborate with numerous government and nonprofit organizations, such as the Ventura County Veterans Services Office, the California Department of Veterans Affairs and the Ventura County Veterans Court, in order to:
- Connect veterans to services, programs and opportunities
- Connect the community to local veterans in need
- Identify existing and new ways to better support our veterans
Through our Veterans Connection approach, we catch the veterans who “fall through the cracks” in larger systems of care, using direct intervention to disrupt the chain of events that leads to negative outcomes. We address and resolve the root causes of problems before lives are damaged or lost.
Assistance with medical and disability claims
Restorative and wellness programs, including PTSD and psychological counseling
Employment and job
Proud to Serve Those
Who Served Our Country
Since 2013, the Veterans Connection has grown from serving a small handful of veterans on a weekly basis to more than 40 veterans per week, and more than 2,000 veterans annually. These local heroes — our neighbors in Ventura County and the surrounding areas — range from recently discharged soldiers and sailors that saw action in Iraq and Afghanistan to Vietnam and Korean War veterans.
Veteran in crisis?
If you are a Service member or Veteran in crisis or you’re concerned about one, there are specially trained responders ready to help you, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 365 days a year. The Veterans Crisis Line connects Service members and Veterans in crisis, as well as their family members and friends, with qualified, caring VA responders through a confidential toll-free hotline, online chat, or text-messaging service.
Veterans Crisis Line
- Dial 1-800-273-8255 and Press 1 to talk to someone.
- Send a text message to 838255 to connect with a VA responder.
- Start a confidential online chat session at VeteransCrisisLine.net/Chat.
- Take a self-check quiz at VeteransCrisisLine.net/Quiz to learn whether stress and depression might be affecting you.
- Find a VA facility near you.
- Visit MilitaryCrisisLine.net if you are an active duty Service member, Guardsman, or Reservist.
- Connect through chat, text, or TTY if you are deaf or hard of hearing.