Transitioning Toward a Career in the Fire Service – March 8, 2018
Gary Sinise Foundation’s Center for Education & Outreach with the featured Exhibit Gary Sinise: A Call to Action
21700 Oxnard Street, Suite 520
La Sauna Pakeman, Cal-JAC Recruitment Coordinator
Phone (916) 807-7113
Are you a Veteran, Active-Duty or Reserve member of the United States Armed Forces? Are you looking for your next career in a paramilitary organization? Come to our information session, hosted jointly by the California Firefighter Joint Apprenticeship Committee & The Gary Sinise Foundation, on how to transition from the military to becoming a firefighter. As a former or current member of the United States Armed Forces, you already have the background to have a rewarding career in the fire service. You can take confidence in the fact that many of the skills and attitudes learned during your service can be incredibly valuable to you as you train to become a firefighter. Learn what you need to do to begin the application process.
WHAT TO EXPECT
- View the Gary Sinise Foundation Museum while enjoying appetizers
- Hear from the Cal-JAC’s Executive Director on how to get your application in front of California Fire Departments that are hiring
- Learn what to expect at our upcoming Firefighter Career Expo in South El Monte
- Hear what the transition from military to firefighting is really like from a Veteran turned Firefighter
- Get an idea for what Fire Departments are looking for when they hire new recruits
Due to limited seating, veterans are encouraged to register by clicking on the link below.
FOR INFORMATION AND TO REGISTER CLICK HERE
Source: CalVet website