We at Gold Coast Veterans Foundation will update you on the status of all of our services on this page during the COVID-19 (Coronavirus) outbreak.
Veterans Connection Office
As an essential service to our community, our Veterans Connection office will remain open during the COVID-19 (Coronavirus) outbreak to continue serving our veterans and their families.
However, out of an abundance of caution, we encourage you to call our office at 805-482-6550 or email us at email@example.com for assistance.
If neither option is possible, then you may drop by our office, as long as you are not experiencing any cold or flu symptoms.
If you are a homebound, disabled, or immobile veteran seeking assistance with necessities, such as grocery shopping, picking up vital prescriptions, etc., we can lend you a hand during this challenging time. Please call us immediately at 805-482-6550.
COVID-19 Helpful Resources
- Ventura County Coronavirus Information (updated daily at 5:00 p.m. PDT)
- Ventura County Emergency Order – “Stay Well at Home”
- Full Text of the Modified “Stay Well at Home” Emergency Order – March 31, 2020
- “Stay Well At Home” Emergency Order for Ventura County – Press Release (in effect as of March 20, 2020 at 11:59 p.m. PDT)
- Full Text of the “Stay Well at Home” Emergency Order – March 20, 2020
- Information About COVID-19
- What You Need to Know About COVID-19
- Steps to Help Prevent the Spread of COVID-19 If You Are Sick
- Consolidated List of Area Health System COVID-19 Screening Locations
- Please contact your Primary Care Provider first regarding screening and testing for the Coronavirus.
- Stop the Spread of Germs
- Social Distancing is Critical
- Keeping Patients on Dialysis Safe During COVID-19
- COVID-19 Scams
- Assistance for Employees
- FAQ: Filing for Unemployment Claims or Disability/Paid Family Leave Benefits (also contains information for employers)
- Business Resources
- Ventura County Business Compliance and Enforcement Line
- Ventura County Rapid Response Grant (available for individuals, families, and small businesses)
- Economic Development Collaborative: No-Cost Business Consulting and Disaster Loans
- Small Business Administration: Filing for a Low-Interest Loan
- Women’s Economic Ventures (WEV): Quick-Response Loan
- Jewish Free Loan Association
VA Benefits and Claims Assistance
Due to the current COVID-19 (Coronavirus) guidance, Veterans Claims Officer (VCO) services at our office on Wednesdays and at all of the field offices in Ventura County are suspended until further notice.
- In the meantime, the Ventura County Veterans Service Office (VSO) is offering appointments by phone through their main office in Ventura. To make an appointment, call 805-477-5155.
- If you have any documents to drop off, you may drop those off in the mailbox on the first floor of the County of Ventura Human Services Agency (HSA) building (just past the bathrooms on your left). The address of the HSA building is 5740 Ralston St., Ventura, CA 93003.
- Please review the following notices provided by the VSO regarding these temporary service adjustments:
We also invite you to sign up to our email list so that in addition to an update here on our website, you will receive a notification when our VCO services resume.
List of Grocery Stores Opening Early
We have compiled a list of all the grocery stores that are currently providing special shopping hours for seniors, the disabled, and pregnant women. Please click the button below to see this list.
Restorative and Wellness Programs
Our partners at Healing in America provide a highly effective group meditation program that is very well respected and trusted by Ventura County veterans.
- We normally host a monthly meditation session in our Camarillo office; however, the current “Stay at Home” restrictions require the sessions to now be provided online.
- Veterans can participate in this critically important event using the Internet, through a FREE Guided Meditation and Distant Healing Webinar every Thursday at 5:30 p.m. PDT. Please view the following image below for more information on how to participate.